Sunday, April 8, 2012

The BIG News

So I ended off the last post kinda scared about twins. And don't get me wrong, I definitely still have fear, but part of that original fear has been replaced with excitement. I went for my second appointment today and I almost needed it confirmed that it really was true, like the picture with double heads isn't enough. But today when I saw them I was so excited and their little legs and arms were so cute and I was so relieved to see their little hearts beating strong. It's hard for me being pregnant with one at this stage because you can't feel them kicking yet, so it feels like a lifetime between Dr.'s appointments, you just don't know if everything's ok. Now, with 2, it just double's my worries! So I'm 17 weeks right now and measuring at 18 weeks which my Dr. said was good. I have seriously felt like I've been growing at a Bella Swan-like rate, so I was happy to find out I was actually normal! 

I should have posted this so long ago, but I recorded Brett's reaction when we told him it was twins. I just couldn't wait until he got home, I felt like this was a burden too heavy to bear alone and I needed someone else to feel the anxiety I was feeling. By the time I got home from my appointment, Brett was almost on his lunch break so I didn't really have time to come up with anything fun. We just called him and said we wanted to meet him for lunch. I told Branson it was a secret and he couldn't say anything to Daddy until he looked at the picture. Two babies was all he could talk about since I told him! When we got to the school, he was like, "Daddy, we have a surprise for you!" So we went into the Activity Center and I handed him the sonogram picture... Watching it makes me laugh, the vein bulging out of the side of his head says it all! 





No comments:

Post a Comment