Branson cried when the balloons were released, I told him the balloons were for Daddy and he was super upset that they were gone and we couldn't give them to him!
So this didn't work out quite like I had planned... a click of the camera 2 seconds later would have made more of an impact! I didn't quite catch the balloons coming out of the box, and well, I couldn't really retrieve the balloons once they were released! So yes, a boy and a girl! Couldn't be happier! Everyone was like, "I'm hoping you get 2 girls" and while that would seem ideal with 2 boys and 2 girls, THIS is perfect! I'm SO excited to be having a girl, but I love that I'm having another boy. My boys are wild and crazy, yes, but they are amazing and I'm so glad I get another one!
So a few weeks ago when I went for my 17 week appointment he said he thought it was a boy and a girl, but they were too small to tell for sure. So at my appointment today, he looks at Baby A and says "well this one's a girl", then goes on, then when he looks at it again, he's like "it looks like a girl, I'm pretty sure it's a girl". Well I need a little more than "pretty sure". So when he looked at Baby B, he wasn't even looking for the gender yet and was like, "Oh, this one's definitely a boy". So he said that while he couldn't tell 100% that the girl was a girl, he said everything about "that area" was different than the boy which leads him to believe it's a girl. He said he's 99% sure it's a girl... So unless I find out otherwise, it's a girl.
So when I found out that I was having twins, one of my concerns was that they wouldn't really have their own identity, but this definitely sets them apart from each other! I feel like I get two different kids, just at the same time. Originally when I asked Branson what we were having, he said 2 girls, then he changed it to 2 girls and 2 boys. I told him that we're definitely not having 4 babies, so that wouldn't work out, but maybe a boy and a girl. Today we were talking about it before my appointment and he said, "well, we need two girls" (obviously he's thought about balancing it out), "but I think there's one. I only like one girl mom."
Is it too early to start shopping?? I've been waiting to buy pink for a LONG time!
No comments:
Post a Comment