Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas is Coming!



So I always get kinda sad just before Christmas. It means all the excitement will soon be coming to an end. Looking at Christmas lights, cuddled up on the couch watching Christmas movies, Christmas music, just enjoying everything Christmas! Branson's been so much fun this year, everything is exciting to him and I don't know if Spence is just excited because Branson is or what, but I don't remember Branson being this animated at his age. We've had lots of fun the past few weeks, and plan to do as much Christmasy stuff that we can in the upcoming week.

We went to the Galleria to check a few things out, the boys LOVED the giant tree. Branson wanted to go skating so badly, but we figure he'll have plenty of time for that when we move back to Canada and have ice for 8 months out of the year!


 We took the boys to the Temple to walk around the grounds. Someday I'll get a picture where both boys are looking at the camera and smiling... right? They loved it. I'm pretty sure it was just because they got to run around but we'll pretend they knew it was a sacred place and that was why they were so happy! 


Branson loves Nativities. He talks about Jesus Christ being laid in a manger and everytime he sees one he yells, "it's baby Jesus". We ask him why we celebrate Christmas and he says, "It's Jesus' birthday" and usually sings Happy Birthday. He's such a good little boy! 


So I'm probably the least crafty person around, but I like the thought of doing crafts with the kids. I found this one and figured I could handle it and the kids were so happy! Branson's not much for coloring, but give this kid some glue and scissors and he could go all day. Actually, we did make paper snowflakes one day and he sat at the table for over 2 hours cutting paper. I'll take the mess for 2 hours of him being occupied anyday! 



Spence was happy to just sit and throw the pompoms   




Branson wore his antlers with pride. He's crazy about that thing. Spence on the other hand... 



Well, this is how he was in every picture. He was great about letting me trace his hands though, so we'll take what we can get!


Lastly, the boys got to see Santa. This is the first year Branson's been excited to see Santa and actually wanted to sit on his lap.


And Spencey not so much. I love this picture 
   though, I have the same one with Branson at that age.







No comments:

Post a Comment