Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat


Halloween... when kids look this cute in costumes, why do we only celebrate it once a year? We had SO much fun the last few days. I don't remember as a kid having so many days of parties, the kids costumes have definitely been put to good use! Spence was a robot, he was called an alien, a catepillar... no one really knew, but he was CUTE and that's all that matters! 



Branson was a fireman and he's been wearing the costume almost everyday since we got it in August. Today we went to the firestation to get pictures and the firemen were so excited to show the boys around. They got Branson and his friend Cameron (who was also a fireman) into everything. They sat in the trucks, held onto the tools and hose, they got sticker badges - they did it all! Of course I was taking a million pictures and by the end, Branson said "I'm done mom", took off his hat and walked away. 




Trick or Treating was so much fun! Branson's getting to an age where everything is exciting, which makes things way more fun for Brett and I. I tried REAL hard to get a picture of the boys together, sitting nicely, but, well, this is my life as a mother of very active boys. Branson sits for as long as he can handle while Spence crawls all over him. I take a ton of pictures, hoping that just one will turn out that they're both looking. I don't even try for smiles anymore, just eye contact. Hopefully in the years to come this will get easier! Even more fun than getting candy for Branson, was handing it out. He handed out all the candy himself, held the bowl in one hand and gave handfuls of candy with the other and left them with a "Happy Halloween!" Sometimes I wish I could videotape my kids entire lives, I just want to capture every moment - well besides the temper tantrums... But tonight he was adorable! 



No comments:

Post a Comment